Friday, 14 September 2012

Ups and Downs...

Just got back our first test scores for Intro to Social Anthropology. Amy got one of the highest scores in class with 17/20, I got 14/20. Felt abit disappointed at my scores. Though 14/20 is not a bad score, it is not good enough. The stakes are higher than ever before as every single module counts. We need to score A+ for every single module so that we can get admission to a PhD program in the top tier universities. Though it is just one test and i have 2 more to go (they take the best 2 out of 3 tests), I really need to bank on the next 2 to score really well and one of the 2 tests is a group project.
I guess there is no point moping over it but to do my best for the rest of my internals.... Sometimes the stakes are so high that I feel abit overwhelmed. I need to really focus on God and my studies....

On the bright side, we had a good gathering at our classmate's place. His name is Thomas and he did his B.A from SOAS, London. He's a really cool guy and he knows juggling. As part of a social welfare organisation, he went to places like Iraq to teach juggling skills to kids  and to bring some joy to them. Apart from Thomas, we made another Indian friend named Ojas. He's a really nice guy to hang around with and he is really smart. Think i am the slowest one amongst the 4 of us... Anyway, at the gathering in Thomas' place, we got to know our classmates better and even got to meet a guy who can play classical flute. I think that it is really nice to just chill out and have a simple meal with friends...

We also went for the Naga Christian Fellowship Annual Music and Food Festival.. It was really good! The singing by the Naga Choir simply blew us away. I posted a video on my FB so you can watch if you want... The harmony in their voices was amazing... God has certainly blessed the Nagas with great voices...

I guess I have to really knuckle down and do the best I can...


No comments:

Post a Comment